Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool
Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ten Days of Pimento Cheese: The Original, A Singular Sandwich



With just ten days till the start of our 2017 Masters Golf Road Trip, I've started thinking about pimento cheese with increasing frequency. 

As odd as this may sound... coming from a New Englander whose first exposure to the so-called "caviar of the South" was rather recent... the feeling is not unlike the one I have for gingerbread and eggnog in the run-up to Christmas, or one you may have for pumpkin spice everything come fall: it's a kind of longing, based on the memories these once-a-year, limited-time-only foods evoke, more than any real affinity for their taste or texture. 

Be that as it may, thanks to my Masters memories, I'm currently obsessed with thoughts of Pimento Cheese. So much so, that earlier today I succumbed to an urge to google "pimento cheese" ...the way you'd google an unrequited love from high school. Or something. 

My hopes were to find a few photos of the sacred sandwich with which to wet my appetite. Instead I found a treasure trove of unexpected recipes.  I've curated my favorites and will present one a day till our departure.

I'm starting where my obsession began, with the original Masters Pimento Cheese sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for engaging, We'd love to see you join our indoor golf subreddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Golfsimulator/