Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool
Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Friday, July 8, 2016

Attending a practice round at a major

The 2016 PGA Championship shows practice rounds are open to the public on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I went to the practice round on Tuesday last year at the Barclay's tournament (I don't think Monday was open to the public and Wednesday's practice round was a pro-am, and I really didn't care to watch a bunch of rich guys who think they're hot shit playing golf with the pros). As far as I'm concerned, the Tuesday practice round may be one of the best kept secrets in sports (especially if Phil's organizing a foursome match). No crowds, photography is allowed, pros are more accessible, you might see players try multiple shots from the same location, etc.

Are practice rounds different for the majors? If I could only go to one day, should I aim for Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? If I could make a decision at the last minute, I'd pick the day with the best weather, but if I'm planning in advance, should I stick with Tuesday?



Submitted July 08, 2016 at 08:33AM by css01 http://ift.tt/29misjZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for engaging, We'd love to see you join our indoor golf subreddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Golfsimulator/