Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool
Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Quirky approach to new business leads

I am always out looking for new places to find great information to share.  Recently I ran across the "IAMA" threads on Reddit.  Reddit calls itself the front page of the internet and the "IAMA" threads are where folks post "I am a (insert what they are) - ask me anything" threads.  

The one that caught my eye was one where the poster said he was going for broke with a few buddies opening their very own indoor mini golf facility.  The post got over 180 comments and probably a high multiple of that in terms of  views.  Many of the posters even said they would come visit when he was open.

Considering the IAMA post is free, I put it on my list as a unique approach to getting some free exposure.  More interestingly, many of the responses asked questions that seemed to help the original poster.  I saw a couple things on trademarking questions, licensing and more that the poster indicated he hadn't considered and appreciated being raised.

If you are not familiar with Reddit, I would take some time to become familiar before jumping out with your first post.  I've included a link to several golf related IAMA threads to help you get a feel for how these work.  I would suggest learning how the subrettids (sections of Reddit of related topics) are organized so you can find the best one to post.  You want to find the section most relevant to your post (I.e. golf or your town).

Folks reading these posts seem to want proof of legitimacy, so I see lots of photo's included to prove the authenticity of the poster.  These are typically a picture of hand written note saying "reddit - IAMA" in front of something that demonstrates legitimacy of the poster.

Good Luck! - See more at: http://www.yardstickgolf.com/blog#sthash.H6k2Cdqr.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for engaging, We'd love to see you join our indoor golf subreddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Golfsimulator/