Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool
Get the Ultimate Golf Simulator Comparison Tool

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Short Golf Simulator Survey Results

I've been running a short golf simulator survey on my website for a couple months to collect information on simulator buying behavior.  I thought I'd take a moment to share some of the results to date, but before going into details, I want to highlight a couple points.  First, this was by no means a scientific study.  I did not attempt to make my sample represent the general buying public - in fact I did not control the sample in any way.  This is also a relatively small group, so the results may not be representative of a larger group - that said, here is what the results are showing.
Picture
Purchase Timing
Most of the folks taking the survey plan to purchase one or more simulators. Not surprising given they probably came to my site looking for information on simulators.  It does appear though that folks looking to buy, know a good bit in advance and take some time to research and plan their purchases.

Picture
Number Considered
Almost all of the survey participants indicated plans to look at more than one simulator before making a purchase decision.  More than half indicated looking at three simulators.  I wish I'd included a comment section to collect info on the pro's and con's of each brand reviewed.  Please comment if you have info to share on this topic.

Picture
Price Paid / Quoted
Admittedly, this was the question I was most interested in seeing.  Prices for a mid-range golf simulator appear to be $25k+ based on survey responses.  I'm not sure what to make of the under $10k response - maybe it was for home versus commercial use.

Picture
Brands Considered
Since this one allowed multiple selections, it has the most responses.  In this small sample, it looks like there is a primary and secondary tier of golf simulator brands being considered by potential customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for engaging, We'd love to see you join our indoor golf subreddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/Golfsimulator/